If you want to learn as much as possible about GiAPA and how to use GiAPA this page provides tutorials on almost every aspect of GiAPA (One tutorial is for current GiAPA users only).
List of GiAPA Tutorials:
1. Basic concepts, installation, menu and commands (13 minutes)
2. Starting and ending data collection (18 minutes)
4. Job Summary exception report, and job interval details (24 minutes)
5. Analyzing file access (17 minutes)
6. Call stack analysis (17 minutes)
7. Reporting based on detailed performance data (15 minutes)
8. Global Hot-Spot statistics per program or file (8 minutes)
9. Summaries per job, user, or data collection interval (17 minutes)
10. How to create charts: GiAPA graphics feature (27 minutes)
11. Data base file utilities (12 minutes)
12. Tracking use of Query400 – who, when, which query (3 minutes)
13. Install parameters export/import data, housekeeping (11 minutes)
14. Optimization tips and techniques for development (33 minutes) (*)
15. Cold-Spots, Job Watch function, Waits (8 minutes)
16. Front end to IBM's PEX *STATS and *PROFILE (13 minutes)
17. Analysis of data from IBM's Trace Job command (10 minutes)
18. Add-ons to support M3 from INFOR (14 minutes)
(*) GiAPA customers only: Password Required
Introducing a revolutionary new iSeries Application Performance tool that can save you a lot of time, resources and money!
GiAPA is designed to increase the speed at which applications run on your system which will cause you to spend less time waiting on applications to generate the reports you need. GiAPA can reduce the amount of CPU usage needed to run those applications causing you to use fewer resources to accomplish the same ends. Ultimately GiAPA empowers you to do more with less and eliminate or delay the need to purchase additional system resources or upgrades.
GiAPA monitors your system usage 24/7 and collects detailed data to pinpoint unique events such as when an application:
1. slows down for no apparent reason
2. demands higher than expected CPU usage.
These events are reported in a concise and easy to follow format explaining the exact cause of each and how best to correct it.
GiAPA does this in the background using minimal resources and will continue to monitor and report any new issues that crop up with upgrades, applications or even new users.